Are you a music artist wondering how to make your mark on social media? Well, you’re in the right place because social media is like your best friend in the music world. It’s your stage, your spotlight, and your ticket to reaching more fans. As someone who’s spent years in the industry working with artists, observing, and learning from those who’ve mastered the art of using social media to boost their music careers, I’ve taken the time to craft this article to share some often-overlooked, yet vital, insights that can boost your music career through social media. In this blog post, I’m breaking it down for you in the simplest way possible.
Sharing Awesome Stuff
Start by sharing cool stuff, like your music videos, live performances, or even behind-the-scenes moments. It’s like inviting fans to your own private concert. Just remember to make it interesting for your fans.
- Post a teaser of your new music video on TikTok and Instagram reels.
- Go live on Instagram and Facebook to perform a new song for the first time.
- Share a behind-the-scenes photo of you working on your next album.
Getting More Fans
Now, you want to get more people to follow you. How? Share your music and stories on social media, chat with other musicians, and maybe even put up some ads to get noticed. Team up with other musicians and experts to make it big; it’s showbiz business!
- Distribute your music on all the major streaming platforms, including Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube, and include links to them in your social media page bios.
- Collaborate with other musicians on songs or videos, and cross-promote each other on social media.
- Run social media ads to reach new fans who might be interested in your music.
- Partner with music influencers and bloggers to promote your music to their audiences.
Talking to Your Fans
Use social media to chat with your fans. Tell them when you’re performing next when new songs are coming, and ask them what they think. It’s like having a conversation with your biggest fans.
- Respond to fan comments and questions on your social media posts.
- Host live Q&A sessions on Instagram or Twitter.
- Run contests and giveaways to engage your fans.
- Ask your fans for feedback on your music and videos.
Showing Off Your Music
Show off your music videos, song lyrics, and live gigs on social media. You can even use ads to reach the right people. It’s like turning up the volume of your music.
- Post your music videos on YouTube and share them on your social media pages.
- Create Instagram reels or TikTok videos featuring your music.
- Livestream your live shows, radio interviews, and TV appearances on social media.
- Use social media ads to promote your music videos and live shows to potential fans.
Making Money Online
Social media can help you make some cash too. You can work with brands and show their stuff to your fans. Sell your own music gear online. And don’t forget to use social media to sell tickets for your shows.
- Partner with brands that are relevant to your music and audience, and promote their products or services on your social media pages.
- Sell your own merchandise, such as t-shirts, jumpers, and caps, through your social media pages.
- Use social media to sell tickets for your live shows and events.
All the tips mentioned above are budget-friendly, won’t eat up much of your time, and can be done at your convenience. It’s all about making the most of what you have. Good luck!
Blog Post by Isaac Odwako (On behalf of Nymy Media)